Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Auckland Armageddon Cosplay Contest 2010

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
Re: Auckland Armageddon Cosplay Contest 2010
Post By angellsnz. 31/10/10, 01:25 am

I think it might have been lack of communication as well, because the pillows were delivered to the showgrounds but no one knew where they were. *shrugs*

The staff member that yelled was she wearing a blue t-shirt or a black one or a red one?
angellsnz
Armageddon Cosplay Contest Assistant

Number of posts : 199
Transforms into : I have one
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post By Static. 31/10/10, 03:39 am

I found a few of the event staff (black shirted) a little stroppy, but not anywhere as bad as what others did! We were asked to move on the monday morning, but they did explain why. I guess later on they just lost their patience? No excuse for kicking people's crap though!

I thought overall the contest ran really well this year - with the exception of the stage mess and some illnesses, I was really impressed with how everything went :) The smaller groups do seem to be workin much better, and HOORAY for getting a nice big soundproof room! Thank you so much to Michaela and Ange for putting in so much hard work, and all the helpers too :)
Static
Souperman.

Number of posts : 3584
Transforms into : HULKSMASH
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down
http://www.little-noise.com

Post By neimhaille. 01/11/10, 11:45 am

Thanks Sylvie :) It was a much harder job and I was freaking out a little the night before (Ange got some stressy txts!) but aside from some time management and total distraction due to events on the stage... it ran much better than I was worried about it is very hard to try and explain how the different rounds of the contest work in a short space of time.

I know I thanked the entrants for making it tougher than ever ;) but I also want to thank everyone for working within the rules as I know they can seem really limiting- they aren't really on the whole but I am loathe to give pointers on how to make stuff in case it appears to be favouring. I will be able to do so in the form and the website- give leads on what materials are safe and where to get them.
neimhaille
Armageddon Cosplay Contest Judge

Number of posts : 661
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post By Father Nightroad. 01/11/10, 01:54 pm

All I can say to all this is thank god I wasn't hanging around in the halls much
Father Nightroad
EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 617
Transforms into : MASTER CHIEF!!!!!..... or tres depending on how badass I wanna be.
Registration date : 2009-11-08

Back to top Go down
http://arthas1011.deviantart.com/

Post By Rikki-Leigh. 01/11/10, 01:57 pm

Static wrote:
I found a few of the event staff (black shirted) a little stroppy, but not anywhere as bad as what others did! We were asked to move on the monday morning, but they did explain why. I guess later on they just lost their patience? No excuse for kicking people's crap though!

Pretty sure it was a black-shirted lady but it happened on Sunday afternoon, the whole stuff-kicking thing. And from what I heard her saying, there was no reasoning given. Then again, I may not have been paying much attention.

Rikki-Leigh
Souperman.

Number of posts : 3767
Transforms into : a muffin
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down
http://lil-lost-kiwi.deviantart.com/

Post By SockPanda. 01/11/10, 02:51 pm

^If this is the same blackshirted lady we're talking about, a group of us had a bad run in with her on Sunday night just before the ball which involved her screaming at us about things while we were trying to (calmly) sort the current problem out 8l We tried to take responsibility, but...she thought it would be nice to vent on us and refuse to let us into the venue >8l (And apparently a few cosplayers received a kicking from her too in the hallways!)

But aside from that- I cant believe I haven't posted here yet- CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERYONE <3 I loved the skits and everyone's costumes were SO. IMPRESSIVE <3 I applaud the judges for taking all the competitors' safety into consideration at the beginning, and it ran really well (even though you guys were probably stressing out on stage at some point!!) Congratulations again, everyone!! <3
SockPanda
forum prisoner.

Number of posts : 2913
Transforms into : Supersockpandamon
Registration date : 2008-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post By Sponsored content.

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Auckland Armageddon Cosplay Contest 2010

View previous topic View next topic Back to top