Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

WIG STRESS!

View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
WIG STRESS!
Post By xsilent_shadow_kunx. 23/09/10, 07:33 am

Okay so I hate having to find cheap enough wigs!
I am currently planning to do a Kiba (Naruto) cosplay, a Keiji (higurashi no naku koro ni) cosplay, and a Len (Vocaloids) cosplay.

Now Kiba and Keiji both have same length and colour hair which means cool for me as I have brown hair and its long enough for both however Len has same length hair but it is Platnium blond!
I don't want to dye my hair for one cosplay!

Can someone please tell me some good stores (christchurch) or any good RELIABLE websites where I can get a relatively cheap wig (when I mean cheap like under $100 I'm hopeful not stupid XD)

xx
xsilent_shadow_kunx
Soldier A

Number of posts : 8
Transforms into : Your Mummon
Registration date : 2010-01-07

Back to top Go down

Re: WIG STRESS!
Post By Guest. 23/09/10, 07:47 am

For starters his name is Keiichi ^^'' Secondly, ebay is always good! There are some cheap wigs on there. It depends what you are looking for but there's a shop with some really cheap and wonderful quality wigs, here's their Len wig: http://cgi.ebay.com/Vocaloid-Blonde-Short-Straight-Cosplay-Hair-Wig-CW17-/180535997484?pt=US_CSA_MWA_Wigs_Extensions&hash=item2a08c8b42c

Back to top Go down

Post By Pillowcase. 23/09/10, 09:45 am

Wow that's a cheap wig for Len!! O:
I also agree with Kiki, Ebay is our friend and it maaaay seem expensive at times, but most of the time it's cheaper than buying it from a store in NZ. >_<
Pillowcase
Pinky

Number of posts : 19
Transforms into : A stalker
Registration date : 2010-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 23/09/10, 09:47 am

^Yeah! I've bought wigs from there before, they are so nice!

Back to top Go down

Post By Cactiberry. 23/09/10, 10:33 am

Ah, that Len wig looks a bit too thin, imho - specially for his spikes xD;;
Cactiberry
Sushi ;O

Number of posts : 2283
Transforms into : sharpedo
Registration date : 2009-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post By Guest. 23/09/10, 10:34 am

^Probably because it's not intended to have spikes? I'm assuming its for versions of len without the spikes, or something?

Back to top Go down

Post By Hannah. 23/09/10, 10:38 am

just make sure you check the shipping costs and times, these can vary quite a bit between sellers
but yes there are plenty of wigs especially Len ones on ebay, i would recommend getting them unstyled as they cost WAY more
http://cgi.ebay.com/Custom-Vocaloid-kagamine-Len-Ren-Cosplay-Wig-/270637481494?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f03403e16#ht_4158wt_1014
you're looking at about 30+ nz to ship
i would also recommend C.C kids wigs they are GOOORJUS
EDIT seller name is Charissa_kids <---

Last edited by Hannah on 23/09/10, 10:53 am; edited 2 times in total
Hannah
EVEN MORE EPICLY EPIC

Number of posts : 798
Transforms into : a shark yo
Registration date : 2009-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post By Cactiberry. 23/09/10, 10:41 am

Ah, well, it didn't specify that it was for an alternate version, so sorry I made that assumption?

To be vaguely helpful - Ebay is generaly useful, but it's key to remember that everything is priced in US dollars, which translates to a bit more in NZ - for instance, that wig is 18 USD and equals 24.60 NZD.
Another option is cosworx, which is (I think?) also America-based. http://www.cosworx.com/home.php
Trademe SOMETIMES has good-quality wigs, so maybe look there to start off? If you're in desperate need of it, and haven't gotten it in time for a convention, i'm sure somebody would be able to lend you a wig :3

EDIT: Just fixed the pricing lol.
Also, make sure if your wig is being shipped overseas you keep in mind the shipping cost, as well as the time it'll take to arrive - it's always better to have your wig plenty of time before the con/event, especially if you need to style it.

EDIT EDIT: Okay, Cosworx is now a Cosplay.com shop.
http://shop.cosplay.com/
Cactiberry
Sushi ;O

Number of posts : 2283
Transforms into : sharpedo
Registration date : 2009-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post By Sponsored content.

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

WIG STRESS!