Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cosplay inspired Pleather project

View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
Post By LadyStitch. 09/07/10, 02:58 am

This is no actual cosplay character, but but after talking to some of my cosplay friends I made these variations on cosplay styled warrior women for my current space themed show. What do you think? Constructive critisiums are welcomed.

These are Black shiny pleather, lined with 100% Cotton broadcloth. There is rigaline boning in the lining to help support it. The chains are jewelry chains. The broaches are broaches I found. The boots came from Buycostumes.com, and were only like $40 USD, plus 20% off since I bought two pair.
The belts are a shiny black pleather, backed with gray duck cloth. Sandwichched between the layers is cotton cording used to make a relife design when the pleather was glued on top of it. We then used a wash of black acrylic paint to give it that tarnished steel look.

If you have any questions let me know.

LadyStitch
Soldier A

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2010-06-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Cosplay inspired Pleather project
Post By Huntress. 09/07/10, 05:23 am

I think it is a really great concept and design. It looks well-sewn but the fit doesn't look quite right in this photo. I'm not sure if it's the way they are standing? They're both leaning forward which may be what makes it look like that.
Huntress
Le grande

Number of posts : 165
Transforms into : A cat canteen. I supply all-you-can-eat biscuits and meats. I also have a fountain of ever-flowing fresh water for your convenience.
Registration date : 2010-04-05

Back to top Go down

Post By Mischa. 09/07/10, 09:48 am

the jewellery is a nice touch- it looks tudorish!
Mischa
HOT DIGGITY DOG

Number of posts : 1045
Transforms into : GRIMDARK
Registration date : 2009-03-15

Back to top Go down
http://www.doublestitch.co.nz

Post By Sponsored content.

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down