Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

making hems straight

View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
making hems straight
Post By sakura_petals. 25/05/10, 02:57 pm

So I was trying to hem my shirt tonight and discovered while trying it on that it's much longer in the back then the front. Mad The only problem is that when all edges of the hem are put together (not while wearing) it's all even - is the only way to make it straight while wearing is to get someone else to even it up? If so then I'm possibly screwed as I don't have anyone close at hand to help...
sakura_petals
TEH WIZARD OF OZ.

Number of posts : 1503
Registration date : 2009-04-10

Back to top Go down

Re: making hems straight
Post By Huntress. 25/05/10, 03:05 pm

Have you tried ironing it first? Also, remember that you would need to cut it slightly longer at the front than the back due to the fact that you have breasts. Just as it would be vice versa for pants due to you needing more fabric to cover your derierre.
Huntress
Le grande

Number of posts : 165
Transforms into : A cat canteen. I supply all-you-can-eat biscuits and meats. I also have a fountain of ever-flowing fresh water for your convenience.
Registration date : 2010-04-05

Back to top Go down

Post By sakura_petals. 25/05/10, 03:09 pm

Yep all ironed flat so that's not it. It seems that I need to get help then as I can't quite reach my back while I have it on... This cosplay is turning out to be harder then I thought it would be.
sakura_petals
TEH WIZARD OF OZ.

Number of posts : 1503
Registration date : 2009-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post By flash. 28/07/10, 06:53 am

yup, the best way to do it is to wear and have someone with a measuring stick (or tape) pin all around at the same level ground up. if you want to get all jazzy you can get a skirt marker. http://www.crhowto.org/modern_sewing/images_vs/101-1.jpg It holds the material in place,and makes a more acruate measure around, some have puffing chalk that would allow you to do it by yourself. ^^
flash
Unexplanatory

Number of posts : 37
Transforms into : that thing hiding under your bed
Registration date : 2010-07-27

Back to top Go down
http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/m24088/

Post By Sponsored content.

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

making hems straight