Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Attaching things onto wigs~

View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
Attaching things onto wigs~
Post By Mandie_Chan. 16/03/10, 03:52 am

So I need to attach several things onto my wig and I'm not entirely sure how to do attach all of them >_<;

the major question I have is when you have a polystyrene ball as a bun, how do you attach it?!?

also is their another way to attach things and still have them able to come off?
I don't know if you can see it, but there are 4 long random things coming off the bun and they are the things I'd rather be able to take on and off >__<;

p.s yes this is the only image of the back there is sweatdrop
Mandie_Chan
Optimus Prime

Number of posts : 6753
Transforms into : Epic Baker of DOOOOM
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Attaching things onto wigs~
Post By Suixelo. 16/03/10, 04:12 am

This tutorial may help you with the bun bit ^^
Suixelo
Souperman.

Number of posts : 3569
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post By Huntress. 11/04/10, 07:35 am

I would not suggest using polystyrene for the bun. It would be easier to find a false hair-piece bun and use black slide clips to attach to the bun and extensions and putting the base wig on a polystyrene head (hold there with pins) to clip on to the wig in the correct place to wear (put it on and photograph to ensure correct positioning once on own head and adjust if necessary) with the slide clips and they should be relatively easy to wear and remove.

Also if no straight bun is available use a length of hair and make the bun using bobby pins and hot glue =)

Hope this helps =)

As for the sticks I suggest using thin plastic tubes or bulsa wood and spray painting them. (plastic would be easier and making the caps so both pieces can slide in securely and putting them through your bun like chopsticks then capping which would make them easy to remove)

If at all confusing I can draw what I mean and upload it.
Huntress
Le grande

Number of posts : 165
Transforms into : A cat canteen. I supply all-you-can-eat biscuits and meats. I also have a fountain of ever-flowing fresh water for your convenience.
Registration date : 2010-04-05

Back to top Go down

Post By firecat70. 11/04/10, 09:29 am

You could attach them to hair clips, or sew them on then unpick them when you have to?
Or hot glue XD
firecat70
lucky*

Number of posts : 1117
Transforms into : a dinosaur
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down
http://www.scoodasaurus.com

Post By Sponsored content.

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down