Cosplay New Zealand
Hi there! This forum has now moved over to Facebook. You can find us by searching for 'Cosplay New Zealand', or going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/cosplaynewzealand/

We'll see you there.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  RulesRules  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Con Safety, in regards to props and weaponry

Go to page : Previous  1, 2
View previous topic View next topic Go down
MessageAuthor
Re: Con Safety, in regards to props and weaponry
Post By creature124. 06/11/08, 11:03 pm

CMKMStephens wrote:
creature124 wrote:
[I think as long as I have some sort of cover for it, be it a sheath or a wrapping, I could probably avoid causing a panic. That being said, some people are far, far too concerned in general nowadays.

That's a worse idea considering it's easier to think it to be a real weapon if it's being concealed.

A fair point, but I disagree. In this day and age people jump to conclusions very easily, and if they see a meter of bare steel, they aren't going to think. If they see a length of wrapped steel, they should stop to notice that I'm in costume, realise it's a prop and get the physics over it. Especially if I wrap it in a decorative type fashion, so that it appears to be a costume peice.

Or not. People are stupid.
creature124
Winner of the Keen Designer Award

Number of posts : 1948
Transforms into : Trollmon
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Con Safety, in regards to props and weaponry
Post By jpwise. 06/11/08, 11:50 pm

Yeah, I think what some of them do now is just notify the cops there'll be a gathering. Odds are you'll get a driveby or two, but as long as they've been notified in advance you've got a fallback if they try to do anything. Probably more appropriate for normal-ish cosplays with weapons. Fantastical cosplays with weapons on the other hand would be a bit harder to mistake for umm. the real thing?
jpwise
Souperman.

Number of posts : 3780
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Back to top Go down
http://gallery.of.geek.nz

Con Safety, in regards to props and weaponry

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosplay New Zealand :: Important :: Announcements and Updates-